Alyssa got a lot of cheap walmart fabric so that I could make this dress for her. There was a misunderstanding about how much fabric was needed for the lining though, so it's kind of on hold now. Also I've just been busy drawing and finishing school so I haven't gotten around to finishing it.
This is a stay. It's the first thing I've ever made that has boning. There were white chalk marks to help guide me as I sewed it. I sort of tried to brush it off... but that's as good as it got. I'll try again when it has trim so it won't unravel or anything. They won't be there when it's done. I've got some brown trim that just matches the plum color, but I'm hoping to find some black so that it'll match better. I ran out of grommets, so I'm waiting for someone to take me to walmart to get more.
This is the other side. The lining has a nice light floral design.
It'll look something like this when it's done: